Hey people! Guess what?! It’s PALEO BAKING TIME! Are you excited? I know I am!
I tried a banana bread recipe back in the day, and I wasn’t totally satisfied with it. So today for PBT, I decided to attempt a better banana bread… BBB (since we’re doing the whole acronym thing).
Here in Los Angeles it is currently overcast and misty, aka (there I go again!), perfect baking weather. All I wanna do is eat banana bread and drink coffee. How convenient! Well, first I had to hit up the Team WOD at 10 am. After a hard workout, the Better Banana Bread got rave reviews from hungry crossiftters looking for a Post-Wod snack! And I came home and enjoyed some banana bread FRENCH TOAST (recipe courtesy of PaleOMG). Amazing!
Better Banana Bread
4 ripe bananas
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. coconut oil (plus some for greasing the pan)
2 1/2 c. almond flour
3/4 c. roasted and unsalted cashews (i just quickly roasted some raw cashew pieces that I had on hand)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 355
- In a food processor, pulse cashews and oil.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and syrup. Mix.
- Add banana. Mix.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix AGAIN!
- Grease a 9.5 x 5.2 loaf pan with some coconut oil. Pour batter in. (and lick the bowl… maybe)
- Sprinkle some nutmeg and cinnamon on the top of the batter before baking.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until center is done and the top of the loaf is golden.
- Let it cool a bit before slicing.