Every Friday I make lunch for my coworkers. It’s my little “Undercover Paleo Operation”, showing regular, non-paleo folks how yummy it is to eat like a caveman!
I made Paleo pancakes, a very simple recipe composed of banana, nut butter and egg. I also made eggs on a placemat, cut up some berries, AND made my own breakfast sausage patties out of bacon, apple, and chicken.
Not surprisingly, there were rave reviews all around. So here’s a suggestion. Next time you have the opportunity to make breakfast for someone… make these. They’re incredibly easy, cheaper than pre-packaged sausages with God-knows-what in them.
Bacon Apple Breakfast Sausage
2 chicken breasts, chopped into cubes
6 slices of medium cut bacon, chopped into pieces
2 small green apples, peeled and cored
1/4 c. chopped red onion
1 tsp. cinnamon
1-2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a sheet pan with bacon fat or coconut oil. If frying, use a skillet and oil.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients until fully combined.
- Shape into silver-dollar sized patties and place on sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 mins. Flip halfway through.
- If using a skillet, fry and flip. Make sure they are done inside before eating!