Just a quick little post involving my favorite ingredient : COCONUT!
I love macaroons and never feel (too) guilty for eating them. I dipped these in chocolate to make them super awesome.
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 c. honey
3 c. fine shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites from the yolks, store away yolks in the fridge for later use. (see my upcoming post about pot de creme!)
- In a steel mixing bowl, whip egg whites and salt with a hand blender or whisk (quickly) until smooth and soft peaks form.
- Add honey and vanilla. Whip some more until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in coconut.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of the batter onto the sheet, pinching the mounds at the top.
- Bake for about 15 mins until they turn a golden brown on the top.
- While baking, melt chocolate in a double boiler and stir until smooth.
- Once macaroons are cool, dip into chocolate halfway and let cool in the fridge for 1-2 hours.